This week Charlie had his first dental cleaning. It's something that many dogs never have done, mostly because it can be expensive but also because owners don't generally realize their dog needs it. Poor dental health can lead to poor all over health in dogs just like in humans, such as bacteria to the heart, liver problems, etc. At his last check up his vet noticed a good amount of build up on his teeth and recommended a cleaning. For the procedure I took him in around 7:30 in the morning, they started the procedure around 9 and ended around 11:45a. He was sedated for the entire thing so they keep him in the office until around 4pm for observation. When I picked him up he was very excited to see me (who wouldn't be?) and the vet said he was the favorite pet of the day. I have a feeling they say that to many (if not all) owners but I just know they meant it with me.
So excited to be home.
Look at those pearly whites.
That same day I received a package I ordered a week or so ago. I've been wanting this toy for a long time and I finally did it. It's called a WalkyDog, a special device for walking your dog while riding your bike. I love taking the boys out on bike rides but have in past had to hold the leash in one hand. Riding that way has never been a problem, we've had no major accidents, but I just really really wanted the Walkydog. I bought it from a mom and pop company TheDogOutdoors and in the box with the device was a dog treat - how special! Because I got it on Charlie's dental day Tank tried it out with me. We love it!
ps. Brendan put the video together. I was just going to get a simple shot and call it a day but of course the film maker needed to jazz it up.
That doggy thing looks great. Love you, mom
ReplyDeleteSuperb video!
ReplyDelete