Sunday, June 10, 2012

Running in the rain and soapbox cars

For the past week or so Brendan's sister-in-law, Shirin, has been my running partner. We've been running a trail that is near campus. It's behind a dog park so its pretty heavily trafficked, well maintained, and shaded which is great. We started running one lap then walk/running the next but we just about ran all the way through today. I expect in no time we'll be running straight through multiple laps. I took my bike out there and calculate the distance (I want every step to count!) - it's about 1.33 miles for one loop. Today was a fun run, 2.8 miles total (in about 1/2 hour, didn't bring my watch) but the best part was the rain. When we got there we both said "gee, I wish it'd rain" and sure enough, our first step of the run it came pouring down. It felt amazing, wish it would rain for more runs. With my new shoes the trail runs have been fantastic, feeling not only tolerable but actually good. I've never had runs feel good, hope it keeps up!


Also, yesterday Tamar and I went to the Red Bull Soap Box car race in Atlanta. It was perfect weather but VERY crowded. We found an okay spot to watch the race but I spent more time watching the crowds (you know, waiting for someone in the sea of people to vomit, pass out, or break out in fight) than the race. The racers looked like they had so much fun, I really wish I had a car to race. Dad could help me build one, right dad?

The crowd at the box car race.

The track. Don't know how long it was, but some cars barely made it to the end.

One of the cars. Definitely not my favorite, but a cool one none the less.


This one was my favorite - it was themed as Goonies (my favorite movie of all time)!

     
Oh and we enjoyed some delicious food truck food. I had chicken and waffles - a little spicy at first but I was starving so I didn't care.








No comments:

Post a Comment