Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The beginning of the end of my mid-twenties

Actually, who are we kidding, when I turn 27 I will still call myself mid-twenties. This post is dedicated to my recent birthday celebration. I'm a bit out of order but I wanted this post to stand on its own. For my birthday (26th!) my friends and I rented a boat on Lake Lanier. Its about an hour away and is the closest big body of water we have around here. Oddly enough all of us are from FL and truly miss being near the water...guess that's why we are drawn to each other. When Brendan and I went to pick up our friends, Tamar and Jimmy, I was greeted with quite a surprise. In compliance with my request for a fish-themed birthday party, Tamar had a mimosa waiting for me upon arrival (less fish themed, I guess) and bought me a nautical romper to wear on our boat trip. She also made fish and star fish shaped cookies, shrimp, a pasta concoction, and chicken taquitos. What a great friend! The next day Brendan continued the gifts with a scooter ride around town. It may sound weird but for some reason we just love scooters and Athens is the perfect place to zip around. My parents also sent presents - four Salt Life shirts....and a car insurance bill (bleck). All-in-all it was a great birthday weekend and I couldn't have asked for it to be better. My goal next year is to be in Belgium for my birthday...anyone want to join?

Me in my new nautical romper. I will say it is one of the most comfortable outfits I now own.


Jimmy, our captain, and Brendan, the first mate, getting us out of the harbor. 


Me, the navigation skipper. 

A cool picture Tamar took of an island we passed. 

Catching some sun. I'm wearing a bathing suit, promise. It was just a bit cold and I needed the towel.

 Tamar and I giving our most appropriate boat pose.

Me pretending to be "King of the World!" (a throw back to Titanic). Oddly enough, this not the first picture I have on Brendan's shoulders. I guess I'm just always curious what it's like above 5' 2"


3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures. Love you much. Mom and dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 thoughts:
    1. We should have taken pictures of the food.
    2. I need to perfect the booty tooch as you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed. We take pictures of every other food array you make, we should have had this one.

    ReplyDelete