Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter and approaching deadlines

Apparently I'm not great at keeping up with a blog. BUT, that's the purpose of this blog, to get me used to blogging in hopes of being more consistent over the next year or so. Since the last post I've purchased my plane ticket to Australia (yippee!) and met with my committee about my dissertation (hopefully I can defend in the next three weeks). I'm so excited because Brendan is able to come with me for the first week of Australia. He'll fly out of ATL and I'll fly out of JAX, we'll meet in LAX and be on our way to Sydney! It's an 18 hr flight so his wonderful mom upgraded our seats to give us an additional 5" of leg room. These past few weeks have been particularly stressful and busy because my post-doctoral fellowship is due tomorrow and I just realized on Friday that UGA has to submit the application for me which means I have to have the application to them ASAP. Also, my post-doc advisor has been sick for the past month. In addition to that application I've been working really hard on my dissertation in hopes of convincing my committee I'll be ready to graduate in August. Today, Saturday, is my day of rest so I put away the books for a nice dog walk and pool time with Tamar. I came home  to a lovely delivery from my parents -  Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment