Sunday, February 26, 2012
College in 10 years...
In thinking about what the college classroom will look like in 10 years I think about mass increases in technology with everyone owning some ipad-like device and computers being so ubiquitous that students will go through several during their college career. Although the advances in technology will have clear advantages, I still appreciate the classrooms that are not based on technology at all. My discipline, psychology, stems from philosophy and our academic "ancestors" set the stage for us but just spending time engaging in critical thought. Our greatest learning, sometimes, comes from talking about ideas and considering why and how things happen. The nature lover in me also appreciates the classes I had in undergrad where we sat outside to listen to our professor talk. Being in Florida helped as the weather was always great! Will there still be places for these types of learning in the future technology-advanced classrooms?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Melissa,
ReplyDeleteGreat post! I would like to think that the personality of the instructor is a undervalued component in the classroom learning. Our ancients, such as socrates and Plato, obviously must have had their own charisma as well in addition to their thoughts.